Thursday, March 29, 2012

Cooking Dinner With Trader Joe!

The other day, I was wandering through Trader Joe's and you know how they always have some yummy little sample brewing in the back of the store? Well, it happened to be this panini thing that was obviously too high in carbs but I took one anyway. I opened the bread and realized that inside, was this awesome sausage, cheese and spread stuff. I thought about it and realized, that I could make like a sausage casserole at least that's what it looked like in my mind. I bought all  of the ingredients, excluding the bread it was made on. I did really want to have some kind of bread so, I set out to find an acceptable option and found one! Cheesy bread sticks that are only a 0/1...wowo!

Ingredients:






What I did:

Split the sausage and grilled on stove top grill pan few minutes on each side. Then, put them side by side in a Pyrex baking dish. I then lathered them with the pepper/eggplant spread and topped them with the cheese (half piece per sausage half). Baked at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. SO GOOD!

Then, I found these delicious bread sticks...
 Put them in the oven just to heat, made a nice little side salad.

It was a fabulous dinner and very low s/c value. Only 1 carb serving and maybe 2 sugars from peppers.

 WA LA!!!! 

3 comments:

  1. WHA??? I haven't seen those breadsticks at TJ's yet...guess where I am going this afternoon?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And they are to die for! My 3 year old wanted to eat all of them! LOL! They are very substantial. Enjoy!

      Delete