Sunday, March 11, 2012

Weigh-In Day...

frus·tra·tion

  [fruh-strey-shuhn]  
noun
1.
act of frustrating state of being frustratedthe frustrationof the president's efforts.
2.
an instance of being frustratedto experience a series offrustrations before completing a project.
3.
something that frustrates as an unresolved problem.
4.
a feeling of dissatisfaction, often accompanied by anxiety or depression, resulting from unfulfilled needs or unresolved problems.

I am so confused and utterly frustrated! 

I have been so careful with staying within the 15/6 guidelines. I have been exercising at least 3 times per week and drinking lots of water. I just don't understand what I am doing wrong...???

Up almost a pound! I felt so confident going in and now, so deflated! I know that I have done so well up to this point and I guess, that every Sunday as I step on the scale, I expect to feel elated and so proud of myself. Today, is not one of those Sunday's!

I will continue on my path and remember to look at the big picture, but today doesn't feel good.  I will not indulge in sugary foods or jeopardize the success that I have already had, but today doesn't feel good. I will remind myself that tomorrow is a new day, but today doesn't feel good. 

 "You have failed only when you quit trying. Until then, you're still in the act of progression. So, never quit trying and you'll never be a failure."---Tommy Kelley

I will not quit trying!

6 comments:

  1. Shawna, that happened to me a lot. Look at the tab on my blog called "my weight loss progress" There were many weeks that I did not lose and even went up.
    I always weigh every day not once a week. That is the way I could tell if I was eating something wrong or not.
    Don't give up - just try something a little different. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the encouragement. My husband also weighs daily. I thought he was being crazy but maybe I will start trying that as well. I am not going to give up! I just got knocked down a little today. Tomorrow is a new day! :)

      Delete
  2. Especially as women, our weights fluctuate SO much! Not just week to week, day to day, but also hour to hour. Just make sure you are weighing in at the same time everyday. I bet next week you will have a bigger than average loss...as long as the "big" picture numbers (every month or so) continue to go down, you are on the right track.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. Thank you so much for the encouragement.

      Delete
  3. It's just a pound. Look how much you've lost already. Don't sweat the small stuff. Stay the course!

    ReplyDelete